Veterinary internal medicine is a broad specialty that involves the internal body systems of your pet. A specialist, called an internist, works to diagnose and treat challenging diseases that affect organs or bodily systems including: respiratory, endocrinology, renal (kidney), hematology (blood), gastroenterology, cardiology, autoimmune diseases, and cancer, among others.
Your pet may benefit from a referral to an internal medicine specialist for the following conditions:
- Anemia or other bleeding disorders
- Coughing or other respiratory problems
- Endocrine diseases (diabetes, Cushing’s disease, thyroid problems)
- Infectious diseases (including bacterial, fungal and tick-borne diseases)
- Kidney or bladder conditions
- Liver disease
- Prolonged vomiting or diarrhea
- Unexplained weight loss or loss of appetite
- And, patients with neurologic, cardiovascular or cancerous diseases
We work with a board-certified surgery specialist for more complicated cases to ensure your pet truly receives the best surgical care there is.
Cold Laser Therapy
Please call or contact us through our website with any questions.